What are varicose veins and what is its treatment?
The appearance of varicose veins is due to circulatory problems, causing swelling and dilatation of the veins. In general it is a problem that gets worse over time, the size of the veins is increasing, leading to the appearance of complications such as phlebitis, skin alteration and colour, thrombosis or bleeding. The longer it takes to perform a Spider Vein Treatment in New York the degree of the varicose vein is greater and therefore, requires Vein Treatment In NYC.
Why do varicose veins appear?
The appearance of varicose veins is possible in both men and women, although cases in women are more frequent.
Other risk factors besides gender are:
- Genetic inheritance: In case a family member has already suffered this problem, they are more likely to appear in another person of the same family.
- Pregnancy: It is very common the appearance of varicose veins during pregnancy, usually related to hormonal changes, but also due to the pressure exerted by the uterus on the veins, to which is added the pressure also exerted by the increase of weight.
- Obesity: People who are obese are more prone to have varicose veins; excess weight generates pressure in the veins, causing dilation of the same, being this situation similar to that suffered in cases of occurrence during pregnancy.
- Wear tight clothing: Using excessively tight clothing can hinder circulation, causing dilation in the veins so that the blood can pass and favouring the slow reflux of the varicose veins.
It should be remembered that these factors increase the likelihood of suffering varicose veins but are not determinants for the situation to occur. Making known the factors that affect the appearance of varicose veins allows you to prevent their appearance with help of Spider Vein Treatment New York.
When is surgery necessary to eliminate varicose veins?
Patients and NYC Vein Doctor resort to the New York Spider Vein Treatment veins both for medical reasons and for aesthetic reasons because they are visible through the skin. Although there are cases of varicose veins that do not present any type of symptom, the most common are tired legs, swelling, cramping, itching and skin changes.
In addition to aesthetic issues, specialists at Vein Treatment Center New York resort to surgery for medical reasons. Avoiding the aggravation of varicose veins and other complications such as:
- Bleeding from varicose veins: Hemorrhage can occur when the varicose vein breaks when unable to withstand further pressure.
- Pigmentation and skin disorders: It is the most common, over time varicose veins are becoming more visible through the skin, and the area is more sensitive and prone to the formation of ulcers.
- Varicotrombosis: It is the formation of clots that prevent the proper circulation of blood in the veins.
- Phlebitis: Because of the formation of clots or thrombi, the veins become inflamed.
- Venous ulcers: As the appearance and size of varicose veins becomes more severe, small sores on the skin may appear and become sore until they become ulcers.