What are the Precautions for Ordering Seamless Steel Pipes?
1. First select and calibrate: the orderer should determine the type of steel pipe according to the working status and use requirements of the steel pipe, whether it is a seamless steel pipe or a welded steel pipe, and the working status of the steel pipe in use: it is used to transport fluid (including fluid State and nature), or used as a mechanical component, to determine whether it meets their own requirements for use.
2. According to the "order content" required in the standard, select the external dimensions of the required steel pipe, including diameter, wall thickness and length.
3. The clauses in the standard related to the technical requirements for steel pipe delivery are the core content of this standard, which determines whether the steel pipe can meet the requirements of the orderer.
These mainly include:
(1) Steel grade, chemical composition and manufacturing method;
(2) The allowable deviation of steel pipe shape (outer diameter, wall thickness, length, curvature, ovality, pipe end shape) and its accuracy grade;
(3) Delivery status, including surface condition, heat treatment condition, pressure treatment condition and metallographic structure condition;
(4) The processing performance of the steel pipe (including bending, flattening, flaring, etc.);
(5) The specific provisions of the standard on the surface defects of steel pipes, including the type, name, severity of the defects, the allowable level after cleaning, and the roughness requirements for high-precision steel pipes;
(6) Non-destructive testing of steel pipes (including hydraulic testing, ultrasonic testing, eddy current testing, etc.).
4. According to the different guarantee conditions of different grades in the standard, select the steel grade that meets the requirements of the orderer. Confirm the manufacturing method specified in the standard, find the allowable deviation of the order specification and select the accuracy level.
5. The orderer shall, according to the material's requirements for the mechanical properties and processing performance of the steel pipe in the deep processing, and the relevant values of the mechanical properties and processing performance that the steel pipe can guarantee.
6. Finally put forward the order quantity and negotiate the delivery date with the supplier. After confirming all the contents, the orderer will fill in the order form.
7. If it is difficult for the orderer to complete the above clauses 4 and 5, the orderer should specify the processing method and specific processing requirements of the steel pipe material as well as the processing of the material, the use requirements of the finished parts, or the processing performance range and the corresponding delivery The status is submitted to the supplier, so that the supplier can organize the production of steel pipe products that meet the requirements of the orderer according to the agreed value.
Tips: ASTM A53 Grade B steel pipe is intended mechanical and pressure applications, but is also acceptable for and widely used in air, water, steam, and gas lines. A53 pipe is suitable for welding.