● Once the diagnostic tool is downloaded, open it and click on the “browse” button. Now locate the company file that is having issues. Start the tools to find the error.
● You’ll get two options in the tool window- ‘network connectivity only’ and network connectivity & file damage”. You’ve to choose the option as per your error.
● On request, you’ll have to enter the password of Company admin. Now, click on the next button.
● Again, you’ll get two options of –workstation or server. Choose workstation, if the company file is not hosted on the system. Choose a server option for troubleshooting the Client computer.
● Time taken by the QuickBooks File Doctor will be based on the company file’s size and LAN speed.
● Now, you’re needed to wait until the diagnosis is complete. It is advised not to interrupt in the middle of the process in between.
● After this, you are needed to close the File Doctor tool, once the diagnosis and repair process is done.
● Once the process is complete, try to open the Company File to check if the problem has resolved.