Troubleshooting Print Head Issues in Canon Printer
The print head issue mostly results in a blur, different colored or inaccurate printing. You can also identify the problem by checking the alarm flashlight. If the alarm flashes 11 times, then Print Head alignment is definitely encountering issues, whereas 11 times flash shows print head error.
Fix Print Head Issues
If you can see 11 or 5 flashes as the error has occurred, then go through these steps;
- Count the Alarm/Power light flash number and make sure whether the Canon model has a print head error or not.
- Open the printer cover and remove ink tanks.
- Now, unclip the print head and re-seat with the blue lever.
- Insert the tank back, close the lid and turn the printer off.
- Turn on the printer again and verify the print quality by running a print test.
- Press the Resume/Cancel and hold until the power lamp flash twice.
- The test page prints.
- If you see the test is not acceptable, then open the Printers folder and enter printer properties.
- Select the Maintenance tab and click on Deep Cleaning > Execute.
- If the issue is still not fixed, you should replace the ink cartridge.
Printouts are unsatisfactory – how to fix them?
If your Canon model Print Head have printing issues, then you may get unsatisfactory print results such as;
- Blurry Print
- White Streaks
- Different color than actual one.
To get the accurate printouts from Canon printer, follow these troubleshooting steps;
- Examine the nozzle check pattern.
The first step is checking the nozzle check pattern, which decides if the print result is fine or not. Here’s how to start it;
- Open the output paper tray and load the A4 sheet in the cassette.
- Now, in the control panel of the Canon model, press and select the Setup button.
- Use the left or right arrow and select Maintenance > OK.
- Again, use the left or right arrow and select Nozzle check > OK.
- Examine the nozzle check pattern. Ensure the nozzle check patterns print has no missing lines or white streaks. Or if each color has been printed.
- Clean the Print Head
If a print pattern has issues like missing lines and blur patterns, you must clean the print head. Here’s how to clean the print head;
- The Canon printer model should be turned on.
- In the control panel of the printer, press the Setup button.
- Use the right and left arrows and stop on Maintenance> OK.
- Again, press the left, right, and stop on Cleaning > OK.
- Wait for around 2 minutes until the printer performs print head cleaning.
- Ensure you don’t perform anything else until you see the print head condition.
- Again, check the nozzle print patterns using the above guide.
- Print Deep Cleaning
If only cleaning doesn’t improve the print results, perform Deep Cleaning. In the above guide (Clean the Print Head), follow the first three steps till Maintenance. After that, select Deep Cleaning using left, right arrows and wait for around 1 minute for Print Head deep cleaning. Now, turn off the canon printer and wait 24 hours to cool it down.
- Perform ink flush Process
Ink Flush has more amount of ink which can result in dissatisfactory prints. Repeatedly ink consumption in canon printers requires ink flush.
- Make sure the ink level is above the red sign.
- Open the Setup Menu by pressing the Setup button.
- Go to Maintenance > OK.
- Select the Ink Flush option and press OK.
- Choose an option All colors, Color or BK > press OK button.
- You’ll see the displayed message > OK.
- In the next message, tap Yes > OK.
- Repeat the above step and wait for the ink flush to start.
If you still encounter the issue in print results, the best way to get rid is to replace the print head.
AUTHOR BIO :- David is a software developer. He has expertise in making people aware of the new software technologies. He writes for ij.start canon , ij.start.canon , Canon IJ Network Tool