Treatment For Severe Muscle Pain
Pain can be complex and challenging. Research out-turns that almost every American suffers from pain in his/her life. When pain becomes chronic, it is recommended that you should consult a pain treatment specialist. A pain treatment specialist is a physician with special training and certification in pain treatment and diagnosis. Let us see a few types of pain; their causes and treatments available.
- Shoulder pain is caused due to rotator cuff tendinitis. There are several other conditions that contribute to shoulder pain. Rotator cuff tendinitis is identified by swollen tendons.
Before recommending the shoulder pain treatment your doctor will want to find out the cause of the pain. For this, he/she will diagnose you and do a physical examination. They could ask you a few questions about your medical history.
The treatment will depend on the severity of the pain. The treatments include physical therapy, shoulder immobilizer, and/or surgery. Your doctor can prescribe certain medications such as corticosteroid, an anti-inflammatory drug.
Minor shoulder pain can be treated at home, such as applying ice on the affected area and avoiding movements that cause pain.
- Knee pain is a common challenge that is faced by many people. The main causes of knee pain include ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. Medical conditions such as arthritis, gout among others can also cause knee pain. Major types of knee pain generally respond well to home remedies.
Knee pain remedies include home remedies as well as medical prescriptions. Do exercise to relieve pain and strengthen muscles, you could take help from a physical therapist.
There are certain medications that help to alleviate pain such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, analgesics, Corticosteroids, biologic response modifiers inter alia.
Surgery is usually not needed, but if the pain persists doctors can recommend surgery. There are options like knee replacement and arthroscopy.
- If you are looking for Sciatica Treatment NYC, find a medical center that is certified and embodies pain treatment specialists. Sciatica refers to pain, tingling, numbness or weakness that can create lower back pain and leg pain due to irritation of the sciatic nerve.
- Acupuncture for spinal stenosis is a widely used method to treat stenosis. This is an eastern approach of healing which uses fine needles into the body at specific points. It is not painful at all and is believed to be a successful method. It stimulates the release of endorphins, which are the body’s anti-pain chemicals.
- You must have read tendinitis once or twice in this article and must be thinking what is Tendinitis? It is a situation when a tendon swells up and becomes painful. This generally happens because of a tendon injury. Tendonitis is most common in elbow, shoulder, knee, and wrist, whilst it can happen at any place where tendons are found. Mild tendon injuries can be treated at home.
Treatment aims to reduce inflammation and pain. In most cases rest, pain relievers such as ibuprofen and splinting of the affected area work fine. If the symptoms persist, shock wave therapy and surgery are done.
If you are dealing with any sort of pain, Pain Treatment Specialist aspires to deliver comprehensive and customized pain treatment with minimally invasive techniques. We ensure that our clients have a pain-free and active life. We aim to offer quality and effective care and safe treatment plans to our clients. Visit us today.