What is Tadalafil 20mg?
Tadalafil 20mg relaxes muscles of the blood vessels and increases blood flow to particular areas of the body. Tadalafil under the name of Cialis is used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) and symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy (enlargedprostate).
How to use Tadalafil 20mg?
Read the Patient Information Leaflet provided by your pharmacist before you start taking tadalafil and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Takethis medication by mouth, with or without food, as directed by your doctor. Do not take tadalafil more often than once daily.
The dosage is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, and other medications you may be taking.Be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the products you usern(including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbalproducts).
What may interact with this medicine?
• Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
• nitrates like amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin
• This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
• certain drugs for high blood pressure
• certain drugs for the treatment of HIV infection or AIDS
• certain drugs used for fungal or yeast infections, like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
• certain drugs used for seizures like carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital
• grapefruit juice
• macrolide antibiotics like clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin
• medicines for prostate problems
Side Effects of Tadalafil
The most common side effects with tadalafil are:
• Persistent cough
• Decrease/loss of vision, hearing
• Prolonged and painful erection
• Allergic skin reaction
• Difficulty in breathing
• Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
• Upper respiratory tract infection
• Pain in the arms, legs and the back
Ø Missed Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. It can be skipped if it is almost time for the next scheduled dose. This applies to conditions like Pulmonary Hypertension where the dose regimen is fixed.
Contact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. You might require immediate medical attention if the overdose is severe.
Warnings for special population
Ø Pregnancy: This medicine is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women unless clearly needed. Consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks before taking this medicine.
Ø Breast-feeding: The use of this medicine should be avoided by nursing mothers. Consult your doctor so that suitable substitute may be advised.
Ø Loss of hearing: This medicine may cause a sudden decrease in hearing capabilities along with clinging sound in the ears and dizziness. Contact your doctor immediately if such symptoms are observed.
Ø Heart disease: This medicine should be used with caution in you have a condition of the heart and blood vessels. Use of this medicine is not recommended if your doctor has asked to not indulge in any sexual activity due to a risk of adverse effect on the heart.
Other Similar Products: