Re-Roofing Timeframe and What to Consider?
Timeframe and What to Consider?
Several reasons compel homeowners to
undertake the project of roof replacement work, and a few factors to consider
- Poor appearance of the roof
- Looking for a change in style
- Extensive damage of the roof due to storm or other
- Rusting on the roof
- Enhancing the appeal of a home
- Minimising maintenance work
Irrespective of the damage in your
present roofing structure, which leaves little opportunity for repair work or
your wish to make the roof contemporary, every homeowner looks forward to roof restoration in Melbourne. However, the work of re-roofing is
Time for re-roofing
The process of re-roofing can take
between two days to two weeks. From removing the old roof to the installation
of the new roof, the work procedure includes the following.
- Dissembling and installation of edge protection
- Removing and installation using hot water
- Following the codes for upgrading the roofing
- Obtaining engineering reports
The professional roofers follow these
steps during the work of re-roofing.
- In the first step, the roof requires examining the old roof and keeps a note of the measurements of roofing and guttering.
- Next, the contractor analyses the information they collect and provide a valid expense for roof restoration in narre warren and recommends the roofing materials you can choose.
- In the third step, they clean the roof thoroughly and take safety precautions to conduct the work.
- They can remove the materials of the existing roof, along with the metal flashing present around the chimneys, vents, and valleys of the roof. Furthermore, they also take care to repair the significant water damage or rotten battens before the installation of a new roof.
- The installers take measurements of battens for replacement.
- Once they lay down a layer of insulation depending on the requirements, they can go over to the installation of edging before aligning and adding the metal panels.
- Occasionally, the roofers may install an additional layer before the completion of flashing as it makes the roof more durable.
- Re-roofing can make the structure messy, so the roofers include the work of cleaning in the timeframe as well to make the roof according to your preference.
However, the situation in every home
is different as far as the work of roof installation is concerned. For
instance, removal of the old roof and installation of a new roof can take more
time. Besides this, the size of the roof also plays a vital role. You must also
consider the current material of the roof that requires removal.
Factors to consider
When conducting the work of
re-roofing, the contractors should consider the following factors.
Weather is one of the most
significant factors to consider before undertaking the work of re-roofing. No
homeowner would want the roofing work to proceed in stormy and wet weather.
Therefore, you should wait for the weather to become dry and sunny for
appropriate re-roofing work.
The roof is an essential structure of
your home and the primary protective element that keeps the weathering at bay.
No homeowner should hold back while choosing the material for roofing work. You
have to be a smart shopper to look for materials that not only enhance the curb
appeal of your home but also suit your budget and last a lifetime. If you are
not keen to go for frequent roof repairs in narre warren, be sure
to choose the material wisely.
The cost of re-roofing depends on the
type of material you choose, the size of the roof, and the money you need for hiring
a professional roofer.
The roof provides you with a sense of well-being and security. Therefore, you should consider the timeframe and other factors before conducting the work properly.