QuickBooks has stopped working. How to resolve the issue?
Many times QuickBooks software encounters different errors. The ‘not responding’ error is one of the significant issues faced by the users. There are various reasons due to which it can happen. Some are related to the internal problems in the PC or some due to the framework. The situation gets more troublesome when the customers are unable to open QuickBooks after completing an assignment. You can read the blog to understand the solution for fixing the error. Moreover, you can also dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number for further clarification.
Symptoms of QuickBooks stopped working error
If you witness come across any of the following systems, then you should take an immediate action
- The system shuts down all of a sudden
- QuickBooks software fails to respond
- PC suddenly freezes and doesn’t accept any command
- QuickBooks fails to open
Reasons behind QuickBooks stopped working error
The company name in QuickBooks is quite longThe QBWUSER.INI file is corrupt
- The hard drive and the program files are damaged
- The QuickBooks desktop doesn’t function properly
How to resolve the QuickBooks not responding error?
With the help of QuickBooks system repair tool
This is the first method that you can implement to resolve the particular error.
- Download and install QuickBooks Repair tool in the system
- Once the file is completely downloaded, save it in a local folder on the Desktop
- Close all other open programs and then click on run
- Wait till the tool has scanned the complete device. It takes around 20 minutes for the same
- After the scan is complete and the program is repaired, you can restart the console.
Restart the PC and disable anti-virus program temporarily
If the error persists after the scanning process, then follow the given steps
- Click on ‘Windows’ icon and then select to ‘Restart’ the device
- After that disable the anti-virus software installed in the system
- Now try to open the QuickBooks company file.
Write/Assignrna different name to the INI file
As discussed above, when the name of INI file is corrupt; it can cause a particular error.
- You can rename the QBWUSER.INI file so that it deletes the record of the previously opened documents.
- After renaming, you can try re-opening the company file.
- Once done, change the name of Entitlement DataStore.ecml file
Access QuickBooks Company file from a new folder
- Press the Windows and E key together to open a new window
- Look for the data file with .qbw extension
- Right-click on the file and select copy
- Click on C: drive and then create a folder by the name of QB Test
- Paste the selected file in the folder
- Open QuickBooks software by pressing Ctrl key
- After that click on ‘Open or Restore’ the existing company file
If even after applying the given methods, you still come across the error, then dial QuickBooks Technical Support Number as soon as possible.Source url: https://aol-desktopgold-download.blogspot.com/2019/11/how-to-resolve-aol-desktop-error-code-104.html