LEARN ABOUT RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) ABLATION
Medical technology is growing every day. One of the most technologically modern advancements in vein treatment is radiofrequency ablation. Radiofrequency is a minimally invasive technique for the elimination of unhealthy and defective veins. It is a Medicare-approved technology. RFA uses heat-based thermal energy to destroy the affected veins, causing them to seal closed. It is a safer and effective procedure to treat severe varicose veins than surgical process.
RFA has very few side effects and is very convenient. The area having the affected vein will be injected with a local anesthetic. Using ultrasound, your vein doctor will insert a thin device called a catheter with the help of a needle inside the affected vein. After delivering the anesthetic effect along the vein the catheter is being activated and delivers thermal energy on the walls of the vein. Due to this thermal energy, the vein gets sealed and destroyed.
The whole procedure takes about 15 to 45 minutes. This process can be performed in the doctor’s cabin, and the patient doesn’t have to be admitted for days. The RF ablation recovery is very quick and effective. Most of the patients can return to their daily activities soon after the completion of the procedure. However, full radiofrequency ablation recovery will take the time of a few weeks.
Make sure that radiofrequency ablation is performed by a Board Certified physician to ensure the best results. The RFA has a 95%-98% success rate with very few complications.
Advantages of Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation
Here are some advantages of RFA:
- It causes minimal pain and discomfort.
- It is an excellent alternative to surgery and vein stripping.
- It is performed under local anesthesia.
- It does not require admission to the hospital or general anesthesia.
- You can return to your work and daily activities soon after the successful completion of the procedure.
- Faster improvement in your legs.
Care After Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation
You have to take special care after RF ablation procedure for better results. Here are a few things that you should do to avoid complications:
- You should take painkillers as directed by your doctor for the first few days.
- You must wear compression stockings after removing the bandage for a few weeks.
- You must avoid excessive exercising and gym.
Side-effects of RF Ablation
Some of the common side-effects of radiofrequency ablation are:
- Minor stiffness or soreness
- Numbness or tingling on the treated surface
- Infections or inflammation
- Burning sensation
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolus
Always do some research before finalizing any of the vein clinics. You can check the reviews and feedbacks of the clinic. Also, check the radiofrequency (RF) ablation before and after gallery. Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein treatment centers performing RF ablation. We have top vein specialists from around the world. You can also check our RF ablation before and after gallery on our website. To know more about our vein treatment center, visit our official website veintreatmentclinic.com.