how to setup yahoo mail on android
Yahoo! Will be the only thing after knowing on how you can set your personal Yahoo account in your mighty Android phone. With a brilliant expertise from the tables of Yahoo and the smart technology by Android, your mail experience with Yahoo will never be the same again. So, let’s check out on how you can easily set your Yahoo mail on your Android phone. All together this app truly provides the best touch experiences with a neat user interface which sets the mood to mail. Don’t blame me if you have stopped messaging and started mailing more as this really is a great application on the move.
With this application which is Yahoo! For Android, you can not only enjoy the convenience of mail but also you can stay updated with the latest with the help of the integrated Yahoo Messenger with which you will never be out of communication. With multiple account support, inbox preview option of the mails, preview of photos right in your mailbox, push notifications, add up the options like smart folders and the powerful search along with the capability of rich text as well as the emoticons you can give your mail a great new overall experience.
So, with just desktop like experience, you will never feel that you are left out with any options like that as the overall experience is just fabulous. So, let’s see on how you can easily download and install the same on your Android phone.
How to set up Yahoo! Mail with your mobile client using IMAP
- On your Android phone, first up you will have to pressHome key, after which you will have to open the Yahoo Email application which you have downloaded by scanning the QR Code or from the Android Market Place mentioned below.
- Now, on the ‘Your accounts’ page, you will have to select Next option to get started with the setup process.
- After this you will have to enter your full Yahoo! address and password, and then select the Next option.
- On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
Please note that below mentioned are the advanced set of instructions which you will have to follow,
- Incoming Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port – 993 (requires SSL)
- Outgoing Port – 465 (requires SSL)
- Username: full email address (your username @ yahoo domain .com)
- Password: is the password you login to Yahoo! with the correct mail address.
Now after configuring the mail address and other settings as mentioned above, you can easily configure the email address. You need to scan the QR Code after which you can download the Yahoo Mail for your Android phone. Do note that if you configure the mail settings wrongly, then the mail configuration will be failed and due to which you will not be receiving the mail, so configure the settings correctly. Alternatively you can also download this Yahoo Mail application to your Android directly from the Android Apps Labs. The best part of this application is that it’s free of cost which can be downloaded from the below choices.