How to Recover and Restore Deleted TurboTax Files
TurboTax qualifies as an excellent tax preparation software which fills the state and federal income tax returns for you. This software makes life easy as it can handle all the extensive and advanced mathematical calculations for you and you are just required to put in some necessary and basic details. This software can be utilized for both personal and professional purposes. It stores the data related to taxes, income, and other stuff in the software and provides its users with a proper analysis of the tax structures. These files and data are really important as they contain all the crucial information, and if they get deleted accidentally, then this matter should be fixed on an urgent basis. In this blog, you can understand the ways by which you can recover and restore the TurboTax deleted files. You must first try them manually and if there occurs a technical error which acts beyond your control, then you must definitely get in touch with the TurboTax Customer Care number. This blog will discuss three ways by which you can recover the files, one is by searching the system or removing the data backup and the other is via IRS tool.
Method 1- Recover Deleted files by searching it from the computer
- Click on the start menu of the system and click on all programs.
- Now search for the TurboTax file that you wish to retrieve and locate the file.
- Once found, restore back the file by following the prompts.
Method 2- By removing the data backup
- Open the remote data backup software. You can download it if it is not available on the system.
- Then choose the backup view and after that go for retrieve view
- Then open the operation menu, and find the file which you wish to restore by searching for it in the search bar.
- Hit okay or press enters to complete the process.
If you cannot restore back the file via this method, then you can obtain the transcript of the file from the official IRS website.
Method 3- Restore the deleted TurboTax files with the help of IRS tool
- Provide your SSN, date of birth, filing status and the mailing address
- After that submit the credit card account number, any car loan or mortgage loan if you have taken and the phone number
- Basically, you need to fill the desired field which the tool asks for.
- After the submission, you can attain a transcript.
- You can easily view, download and take a print out of the same
- The transcript will stay available in the TurboTax files and you can view it anytime you want.
These are the methods that you can try to attempt manually. And if they do not work you can avail the help from the technical experts at TurboTax Customer Support number. The experts at this platform will tackle the solution from their side and will provide you with the best possible solution. You can reach out for their advice at any given time convenient for you.
Also Read: Turbotax Customer Service Phone Number