How to Obtain Domestic Abuse Protection Orders and Notices while Facing Domestic Abuse

How to Obtain Domestic Abuse Protection Orders and Notices while Facing Domestic Abuse

Anybody can be an easy target for domestic abuse, without considering the age, gender, sexuality, background, socio-economic status or ethnicity. The different situation leads to distinctive types of abuse. However, domestic abuse is most prevailing in relationships. Although, domestic abuse also classifies parent violence, adolescent abuse and abuse between family members. It includes violence or abuse, threatening, coercive and controlling behaviour involving people aged more than 16. The abuse can be physical, financial, sexual, psychological, and emotional abuse. Sexual assault, rape, harassment, stalking, honour-based abuse, forced marriage, human trafficking and female genital mutilation also falls into the category of domestic abuse and violence. If you are also facing any of these issues then do not hesitate for taking Legal Advice from the professionals.

Types of Domestic Abuse

1. Financial Abuse-

If your partner is stopping or controlling you through the financial medium then it falls under the category of financial abuse. This abuse might include stopping you from working, restricting the household finances such as bank accounts, wages and other benefits. Compelling the partner to hand over money and their wages, forcing or pressurising the victim to take credits and loans on their name also falls under financial abuse. If you have also taken credit or loans in your name, then the debt might be null and void. You can look for the professionals related to financial guide and Legal Advice in the UK.

2. Honour-based Abuse-

A crime or mishap that has been carried out to preserve or safeguard the principles or ethics of the family or the community is identified as honour-based abuse. It is generally committed by the family or community of the victim to maintain the culture and traditional beliefs. You might become a victim of honour-based abuse if you challenge or fight against arranged marriage, go against forced marriage, having a partner from different religion or culture, want a divorce or live a westernised lifestyle. This abuse might consist of sexual or domestic abuse, forced marriage, assault and more.

3. Forced Marriage-

If you are being forced to marry against your wish or decision then it is a forced marriage. Most of the times it is the family who physically threatens or blackmails the victim emotionally. If you are being forced by anyone for the marriage then you can take help of skilled and experienced Solicitors in the UK because it is a criminal offence. In Wales and England, the offender can be put behind bars for up to seven years.

4. Harassment and Stalking-

If you are facing offensive or unfavourable behaviour from your partner or someone else which is causing distress and frights then it is labelled as harassment. It can consist of threatening texts, damage to the property, malicious phone calls, insulting or threatening language. Stalking is a kind of harassment which might consist of unwanted actions such as monitoring your internet and email, attempting to contact or contacting you, spying or watching you and more. Harassing as well as stalking is a civil and criminal offence and you have the complete rights to report it to police and take the legal action. To avert the chances of further stalking or harassment and to claim the damages you can approach the civil courts to get an injunction. If the offender violates that injunction, then he will be liable for the punishment.

What if you have been Affected?

If you are into an abusive relationship, then you should approach for Legal Advice and help. You can approach an organisation or a charity for this. The abuse should also be reported to the police. You can opt to leave home permanently or temporarily and go for legal action too. You have the authority to ask your partner to leave home. Whatever you wish to, many charity groups and organisations can successfully help you out.

Reporting to Police About Violence

Police are authorised to charge, caution or arrest the perpetrator for the domestic abuse and other offences. If you are facing any emergency situation then you should dial 999 and 101 in case of non-emergency circumstances. You can also report the incident in person by visiting the police station. The police will support you by arresting and charging the offender; and the law will determine, either to release that person on bail or to keep in custody. They will also ensure that the offender on bail will not abuse you in future.

Domestic Abuse Protection Orders and Notices

If you are suffering or been exposed to domestic abuse, then you should immediately contact the police. They will help you by issuing a Domestic Violence Protection Notice. They will also appeal for the Domestic Violence Protection Order to the magistrates’ court. This order can safeguard you against further abuse, restraining them from contacting you or returning to the home. He can be arrested and presented before the court and if caught while breaking the law. This order comes with 28 days legality, but this will allow you to analyse various possibilities and support.

Legal Costing And Support Family Lawyers And Solicitors Business Lawyers And Solicitors

Send Us A Message

Contact Details