Common Reasons for Heartburn and Effective Treatments
Acid reflux has been regarded as aftermath of indigestion. It could be caused due to different reasons. Generally, it occurs when we consume spiced up and oily foods. These kinds of foods are not simple to be digested. As a result, acidity level inside our stomach rises. One of the common aftermaths of acid reflux is heartburn. It is a feeling of burning sensation at the chest, throat and stomach areas. When acid reflux turns severe, heartburn occurs quite commonly. Additionally, it comes with risks of major health problems like heart diseases, stomach ulcers, liver problems, etc. This is why it is important to find heartburn treatment methods.
Treatments depend upon intensity and type of disease or disorder. Acid reflux is generally an occasional problem for most of the people. When we consume rich oily foods or spicy foods, we tend to face this problem. Irregularity in dieting, lack of sleeping and stress are also considered as prominent reasons behind acid reflux. However, due to lifestyle problems and poor eating habits, acid reflux can get severe and chronic. Chronic acid reflux is often terms as GERD which is nothing but medical term of the disease or disorder.
Common Reasons for Acid Reflux
Acid reflux or GERD or even Barrett’s disease has been considered as aftermath of different kinds of conditions or scenario. Acid reflux is such a problem that can be faced by everyone, including seniors, young people, teenagers and toddlers. There are a lot of reasons for this physical disorder. In the following section, let us find some of those reasons for the disorders:
· Daily consumption of spicy foods and oily foods has been the prominent reason behind acid reflux. Ideally, you should opt for the foods that are easy to be digested.
· Acid reflux or GERD can be noted as side-effect of some pharmaceutical drugs. Consuming some drugs can lead to acid reflux at mild or severe stage.
· Some people have a few triggering foods for acid reflux. For example, drinking citrus juice can be a reason for acid reflux for many people.
· Alcohol consumption should be minimized, as any alcoholic drink can potentially be the reason behind GERD symptoms which can lead to heartburn.
· Similar to alcohol consumption, smoking must be avoided as it also increases the risk of facing chronic acid reflux.
· Acid reflux is a common problem for pregnant women. Toddlers may also become victims of acid reflux when they start consuming foods apart from breast milk of mother.
Solutions or Treatments for Acid Reflux
Acid reflux can be treated through change of lifestyle and building good habit for dieting. Avoiding junk foods is necessary. Stress management is also important. Your body needs adequate rest otherwise acid reflux problem would become severe as well as concerning. Barrett’s disease can be treated through embracing balanced or proper diet schedules. To cure heartburn, some home based medications can be tried. For example, baking soda mixed with water works amazingly well. A lot of over the counter medicines are also there.Original source : http://refluxmd.blogspot.com/2018/05/common-reasons-for-heartburn-and.html